Houston Cuisine – JoJo Mathis
Houston is the home of true Mexican experience: from the Mariachi band to the myriad of assorted peppers. You know you’ve hit Houston cuisine if you need more than one beverage glass filled at your place at all times.
More from Huskies in the NBA
- Washington basketball’s McDaniels gets selected 28th overall
- Washington basketball’s Stewart goes 16th overall
- A mixed year for former Washington basketball star Kelsey Plum
- Huskies in the NBA: Washington basketball’s Markelle Fultz is blossoming in Orlando
- Washington basketball: Stewart declares for NBA Draft
JoJo Mathis worked hard. In fact, he was one of the hottest young talents in 2016 before falling to injury. So it’s fitting that he was drafted by the team playing in the hottest city of nation, the Houston Texans.
So why not treat yourself to some true Mexican at Plaza Garibaldi? This little gem has captured the magic of Mariachi meals. Houston has that magic where sidewalk dining under a big ole Texan moon with music playing is unequaled anywhere else.
Well almost anywhere. Plaza Garibaldi delivers as close to the real thing as I have ever experienced. Try the tortilla soup, traditional ceviche, ending with the pernil. wow!