II. Chantel Osahor Projected First Rounder
The University of Washington Huskies forward Chantel Osahor’s season was incredible. It simply could not outshine the direct light of teammate Kelsey Plum’s season. But that simply gives one more reason for Washington Huskies fans to tune into the WNBA 2017 Draft.
Two Washington Huskies Women’s Basketball players should hear their names called. While Kelsey Plum set records scoring, Chantel Osahor elected a far more difficult path. She played the boards.
If Kelsey Plum is the WNBA’s answer to James Harden, then Chantel Osahor is the WNBA version of Charles Barkley. She should not be able to land so many rebounds, nor should she be so accurate from the perimeter. But she does, and she is.
More from The Husky Haul
- Pro Husky Shaq Thompson out for season with leg injury
- Washington Huskies begin conference play against Cal in Week 4
- Jack Westover is a breakout star for the Washington Huskies
- Washington football: Negatives and Positives in win over Michigan State
- Huskies offense slices through the Spartans in 41-7 win
Chantel Osahor is extremely versatile. She can score points in droves, she can rebound, she can dish out assists, and she anchors the team when fortunes go awry. She was the perfect teammate to Kelsey Plum. Plum would shoot, Osahor would reload. And that same synergy awaits Osahor in the WNBA. She will likely be selected by one of the better teams, and her skillset will suit that slot perfectly.