Back To The Drawing Board
So where does that place Mike Hopkins? Back to the drawing board. We had listed a series of coaching choices when the head coaching position was vacant, and so that’s a good place to start.
More from Basketball
- Will 2023 be the year of revival for Washington basketball?
- Washington basketball game tonight: Huskies vs Utes odds, prediction, TV schedule
- Washington basketball: Mike Hopkins’ bumpy ride as head coach
- Washington basketball game tonight: Huskies vs Cougars Predictions, Odds, TV Channel and Live Stream
- Washington basketball’s 2021-2022 season continues to be in jeopardy
But there is a difference in the head coaching position versus an assistant’s position. So who would be under consideration?
Well, one hat worth tossing into the ring is that of Glen Miller, former Assistant Head Coach of the University of Connecticut Huskies Men’s Basketball Team. He has ended a five year role with UConn, reports confirm. If he comes to UW, he can at least remain a Husky, albeit a fiercer version.
In a UConnblog.com article, Shawn McGrath spells out the role of Miller with UConn:
"Miller was the coaching staff member responsible for working with the big men, a group which the Huskies did not recruit very successfully and also struggled to develop."
That is also an area of immediate need with the University of Washington Huskies. In fact, big men on the roster is a true area of growing concern. Could Glenn help?
He couldn’t hurt.