After several gritty wins, The Washington Huskies Women’s Softball Team Falls to Oklahoma 3-1 in Women’s Championship World Series play
The Washington Huskies arrived to the matchup with the Oklahoma Sooners yesterday by winning close games on great pitching and defense. But as feared, the third time tempted fates too much. Yesterday, it was the home team Sooners who found uncharacteristic solid pitching and defense to capture a win 3-1.
The Sooners scratched for single runs in the second, fifth and sixth inning to jump up to a 3-0 lead. The lone run for the Huskies came from a homer from shortstop Ali Aguilar in the bottom of the sixth
More from The Husky Haul
- Pro Husky Shaq Thompson out for season with leg injury
- Washington Huskies begin conference play against Cal in Week 4
- Jack Westover is a breakout star for the Washington Huskies
- Washington football: Negatives and Positives in win over Michigan State
- Huskies offense slices through the Spartans in 41-7 win
Help Wanted: Hits and Runs
Kistyn Thomas, hero of the game against Oregon, was silenced 0-2 by Oklahoma pitcher Paige Parker. Catcher Morganne Flores and center fielder Kelly Burdick joined Aguilar in the hit column.
As feared yesterday, the Washington Huskies offensive slump became the difference yesterday.
The loss tosses Washington back into the elimination bracket. The Huskies cannot lose again in the series.
The Huskies Softball team next plays at 4:00 p.m. PT. As stated above, the team faces the winner of the Texas A&M versus UCLA game held at 9:00 a.m. PT.