The Huskies have their sights set on the interior line as well. In fact, they have some offers to two promising offensive guards in Sam Vakalahi and Steven Jones.
Sam Vakalahi is a 6-foot-2 280 pound offensive guard out of Salt Lake City, Utah. The offer to Vakalahi was his first, extended in May 2016. Since that time, he has attracted more offers, 11 more offers to be exact. However, the Washington Huskies are optimistic. Vakalahi has been a prospect with the Washington Huskies for some time. As such, you can bet he is a priority for the team right now.
More from The Husky Haul
- Pro Husky Shaq Thompson out for season with leg injury
- Washington Huskies begin conference play against Cal in Week 4
- Jack Westover is a breakout star for the Washington Huskies
- Washington football: Negatives and Positives in win over Michigan State
- Huskies offense slices through the Spartans in 41-7 win
Steven Jones is a 6-foot-5 340 pound offensive guard out of Temecula, California. He also landed an offer from the Washington Huskies in the spring of 2016. Once more, in the time since, he has attracted offers from twelve other schools. Jones is another long-term relationship with the Washington Huskies, and that keeps him high on the priority list.
While the timing of any commitment is a very personal decision, June 2017 feels like a good time for one player to commit.