The University of Washington Huskies turned around the hiring of a new men’s basketball head coach, Mike Hopkins, in record time.
After fifteen years with the same head coach, you might has guessed it would take the University of Washington Huskies Athletics Department several weeks to fill the vacated head coaching position of the men’s basketball team.
But you would be wrong.
A Tsunami Of Positives
Based upon the reaction of Syracuse fans to the hire, the Huskies hit the jackpot in landing Mike Hopkins. But his name never appeared in any of the “lists” of potentials. And unashamedly, not even on the list of six we had projected earlier.
More from The Husky Haul
- Pro Husky Shaq Thompson out for season with leg injury
- Washington Huskies begin conference play against Cal in Week 4
- Jack Westover is a breakout star for the Washington Huskies
- Washington football: Negatives and Positives in win over Michigan State
- Huskies offense slices through the Spartans in 41-7 win
We knew it would be a national search this time, but the rapid action by the Huskies never allowed that broad net to be cast. So who is Mike Hopkins? What does he bring to the table? And is there enough information to speculate as to how the hiring occurred just days after Coach Lorenzo Romar’s dismissal?