Good morning! Welcome to one of the craziest days in football recruiting. A day which would seem normal; a recruit signs his letter of intent (LOI) and faxes it into the university of their choice, but it never is normal. Therefore, what to expect? Craziness from the recruiting world but from The Husky Haul you can expect a decent list of commitment tracking.
Below is a list of verbals (taken from Scout, ESPN, and Rivals). These recruits are expected to sign an LOI for Washington tomorrow. Also below is a list of big names that are still out there and has Washington on the list. Finally, if you scroll to the bottom you will find the list of recruits with LOIs officially in to the University of Washington.
Verbals to UW:
- Shaq Thompson- SIGNED
Jordan Payton– Flipped to UCLA
- Jaydon Mickens- SIGNED
- Cyler Miles- SIGNED
- Jeff Lindquist- SIGNED
- Shane Brostek- SIGNED
- Jake Eldrenkamp- SIGNED
- Damion Turpin- SIGNED
- Nathan Dean- SIGNED
- Dwayne Washington- SIGNED
- Travis Coons- SIGNED
- Psalm Wooching- SIGNED
- Darien Washington- SIGNED
Michael Rector-Flipped to Stanford
- Korey Durkee- SIGNED
- Josh Banks- SIGNED
- Cory Littleton- SIGNED
- Kalei Auelua- SIGNED
- Erich Wilson- SIGNED
- Cory English- SIGNED
- Ryan McDaniel- SIGNED
- Kendyl Taylor- SIGNED
- Blake Rodgers- SIGNED
Recruits left to sign that may pick UW:
- Brandon Beaver – One of the top defensive backs left, he is down to Cal, Utah, and Washington. He is signing at 3:45pm on Fox Sports West. Many assume Washington to be the favorite.
- Randall Goforth- One of the other top defensive backs left, he is down to Arizona State, UCLA, and Washington. He is also signing on Fox Sports West sometime between 3pm and 5pm. Many assume UCLA to be the favorite.
- Dylan Cozens- A defensive end from Arizona, he is listed as a 3-star and is down to Arizona, Boise State, and Washington. He will also be signing on Fox Sports West at 9 am. SIGNED WITH ARIZONA.
- Pio Vatuvei- This defensive end is a soft verbal to USC but could still flip to UW as they have been aggressively recruiting him. As far as I know he will not be announcing but just sending in his LOI. He could be a “surprise” recruit. SIGNED WITH WASHINGTON.
- Devian Shelton- This defensive-back is a soft verbal to Oregon State but it looks like the team to beat is USC as they recently offered him and it is no secret that it was his dream school. Many were predicting Washington would steal him before the USC offer. He is announcing at 9am. His official list is Oregon State, USC, Washington, and Nebraska. SIGNED WITH USC.
- Julian Brooks- May be a long shot for the Huskies and would also be listed as a “surprise” commit. This wide-receiver is listing Oregon, UCLA, and Washington. UW seems to be the 3rd team on his list, however, recruiting is crazy and so you never know until the LOI comes in.
There will be others and there is no guarantee in keeping the above verbals. Below rankings are based on Scout.com.
Those that are now in and official:
- Kendyl Taylor, 3-star wide receiver from Arizona
- Darien Washington, 2-star defensive back from California
- Pio Vatuvei, 3-star defensive end from California
- Shaq Thompson, 5-star safety from California
- Nathan Dean, 3-star offensive lineman from Washington
- Taylor Hindy, a unranked offensive lineman from Washington
- Blake Rodgers, 3-star linebacker from California
- Dwayne Washington, 3-star wide receiver from California
- Erich Wilson, 2-star running back from California
- Jake Eldrenkamp, 3-star offensive lineman from Washington
- Damion Turpin, 3-star defensive end from California
- Jeff Lindquist, 4-star quarterback from Washington
- Travis Coons, JC 2-star kicker from California
- Cory English, 2-star center from Washington
- Ryan McDaniel, 3-star linebacker from California
- Cory Littleton, 2-star defensive end from California
- Korey Durkee, 3-star punter from Washington
- Josh Banks, JC 3-star defensive tackler from California
- Shane Brostek, 3-star offensive lineman from Hawaii
- Cleveland Wallance, 3-star defensive back from California
- Psalm Wooching, 3-star fullback from Hawaii
- Kalei Auelua, 3-star defensive end from Hawaii
- Jaydon Mickens, 4-star athlete/wide receiver from California
- Cyler Miles, 4-star quarterback from Colorado
- Brandon Beaver, 3-star defensive back from California