This weekend had some stories develop that you may want to keep following. I will also clue you in on what I know with recruiting and some of the other topics in football and basketball from this weekend.
- UW Football gained another 2012 commitment, according to dawgman.com and verified by Bob Condotta of the Seattle Times. Darien Washington a cornerback from Orange Lutheran in California joins the 2012 class of Jeff Lindquist and Tairen Owens.
- Dwayne Polee is transferring out of St. John’s and UW still has 2 scholarships. Polee is trying to get closer to home which is California. UW did show interest in Polee when he was coming out of high school but most likely Polee will try to get into UCLA or USC. While that may be the case, UW still may have some interest since he is a 6’7 small forward and can run the floor. It is something to keep an eye on.
- HeardthisBlog.com has an update on Martin Breunig. Breunig seems to be leaning towards UW but wants to talk with his family about his decision and possibly even taking another visit after he returns from Germany.
- Nothing new is happening on the front of Joey Van Zegeren or Marek Soucek. Now that it is the dead period and coaches are no longer able to contact recruits, expect the process to slow down even more as Soucek and Van Zegeren know they have time, and don’t have the pressure of the coaches on them.
- The closer we get to the draft the more it is sounding like a team may take a flyer on Isaiah Thomas in the first round of the draft.
This is ‘The Shakedown and the What’s Up’ in UW basketball and football that has developed in the last few days.