The regular signing period comes to a close on May 18th. With about a week and a half left, let’s take a look at where the Univeristy of Washington is sitting when it comes to those last 2 scholarships they have left.
There are three players that were lingering around the program that no longer are; God’s Gift Achiuwa who signed with St. John’s, Wally Judge who has eliminated UW and is down to Rutgers or Maryland, and Aaron Dotson who just signed with Utah.
No one but the coaching staff has the official list of who UW is recruiting but here is a good portion of it:
- Richard Peters- This as usual is just a waiting game, when does his ACT scores come back. It should be any day, but even when he does get them back and if the score meets eligibility requirements, he still has to decide if he is going to reclassify to 2011. Though, all indications are that he will and that he wants to play at UW.
- Vashil Fernandez- A raw talent that took a visit about 2 weeks ago, and it looks like UW has not extended an offer to him yet but have not stopped recruiting him.
- Joey Van Zegeren (McAdam)- A European prospect that is playing in Spain and has NBA potential and is being courted by a handful of teams. A power forward/center with explosiveness on both sides of the court. No word on to how high his interest is on UW yet.
- Marek Soucek- Also, from the same academy in Spain and is a big center that knows how to score. Also, being chased by a good number of teams. UW is in the mix.
- William Howard- A small forward from Europe that fits our system but doesn’t really fill the big man role. UW is one of about 3 schools in the mix.
- Livio Jean-Charles- A big man from france, who could immediately make an impact on UW’s roster. Though it is still gray as to how much UW is recruiting Jean-Charles.
As far as transfers, it doesn’t look like there are any more that are rumored in connection with UW. However, as usual, I will keep you updated.