Who said there wasn’t going to be much drama in this signing period? Sure, there isn’t going to be the typical stealing of top recruits, or the high profile player still on the board, but there is still plenty of drama.
UW specifically has had one verbal commit for a few months now that will not longer be able to come in the fall, another trying to take pass an ACT test to get here in the fall, a 6’9 big man that is God’s Gift to basketball that came out of no where to be one of the hot commodities this offseason, and a couple former ESPNU top 100 prospects that are hanging around the transfer scene.
What we know:
- UW has 2 scholarships left.
- Tony Wroten Jr., Jernard Jarreau, Hikeem Stewart, and Andrew Andrews are all coming in the fall.
- As of now the roster includes 8 Guards, 4 forwards, and 1 Center.
- UW is recruiting 2 big men, Richard Peters and God’s Gift Achiuwa.
- UW has at least 2 transfers interested; Wally Judge and Aaron Dotson.
What we can assume:
- UW wants to fill those 2 scholarships with at least 1 big man if not 2.
- God’s Gift is really down to 2 favorites- UW and St. John’s.
- Richard Peters will strongly consider UW if his ACT scores allow him to be eligible.
- UW will consider all recruiting or transfer options during this signing period.
- UW wants at least one more center.
What we hope for:
- The Twitter poll for fans revealed that the majority want 2 big men.
- Many prefer God’s Gift and Peters (though this was before Wally Judge came into play).
- Every recruit UW is interested in wants to come to UW and Romar and Co. get to decide who they want.
What we are waiting for:
- Richard Peters’ ACT score to come back.
- God’s Gift to finish his visit at St. John’s this weekend (assuming he wants to decide then).
- Next Basketball Season
- A Final Four