Alright ladies and gentlemen, it’s gameday. Below is a collection of pregame posts featured on the site over the past 10 days or so written by a variety of Husky Haul contributors. Follow us on twitter @HuskyHaul and check back up on the site for updates during the game. Once the game is over, win or lose we will have postgame coverage and analysis today and tomorrow.
Evan did the game preview, so I’ll also throw out my score prediction here. Illinois appears to be a solid opponent, and nothing has been certain for the Huskies on the road, but Washington is experienced and operating at a high level. This should be the year they take the next step offensively and bury an opponent on the road. QB Nathan Scheelhaase will keep the score respectable, but by the end of the third quarter the game should be solidly in Washington’s favor.
UW 38, Illinois 20
Enjoy the game and thanks for reading!
- First and foremost, here is Evan’s previously mentioned comprehensive game preview. Also includes his personal score prediction.
- Evan also took a look at how the Illini compare to Boise State.
- Ricky Widmer, editor at the Writing Illini, Fansided’s Illinois site, answered some questions about this week’s game.
- One element of today’s game that may benefit Washington: Illinois has much to prove on defense.
- If you’ve been wondering whether it will be Jaydon Mickens or John Ross making plays out of the slot this week, don’t worry. It should be both of them.
- Erik Erickson went over some keys to a Husky victory.
- Though most writers covering Washington have picked a decisive victory for the Huskies, it’s important to remember that this is a serious road test.
- Also worth keeping in mind that Illinois QB Nathan Scheelhaase is on fire to start off the year.
- Most importantly, if you’ve been thinking that Illinois is an easy win, remember the impact of the win over Cincinnati.